A major fire accident at the district headquarters on Saturday gutted 12 shops and residences of some shop owners here. It took about three hours to bring the fire under control. By the time fire engines from neighbouring places reached, the shops were reduced to ashes. Patients in a nearby hospital ran out fearing for their life. .According to the police, fire broke out at about 1 p.m. and even at 3 p.m. the shops were still burning. The fire started in a bamboo shop and spread to neighbouring shops within no time. Seven bamboo shops, three carpentry shops, one chicken centre and one shop selling coconuts were burnt down completely.The only fire engine available in the town rushed there, but it could not stop the huge fire that was spreading fast.Fire engines from Gajwel, Husnabad and Dubbak were also roped in, but by that time it was too late as it took more than one hour for them to reach the spot.Many of these shop owners were residing in small shelters alongside the shops and their dwellings were also burnt down. Officials are suspecting that short-circuit might have resulted in the fire accident.The victims have urged the government to come to their rescue.
Copyright © 2018 suryaa.com