Sixty hostellers of the TS Minorities Residential Girls School, Charminar, were rushed to a nearby hospital with symptoms of food poisoning on Thursday. According to sources, the girls started complaining of stomach cramps and vomiting in the morning. They were rushed to the Prince Esra Hospital.
The students were served frozen chicken as part of their dinner and and vada for breakfast. Most of the girls were discharged after undergoing treatment but were admitted again when their symptoms reappeared. The police gathered samples of the food had been served to the students.
No official from the TMREIS visited the hostel or the hospital till 7 pm. TMREIS secretary B. Shafiullah said he had discussed the condition of the girls with the doctors. He has ordered an inquiry. Mediapersons were not allowed to enter the hostel or hospital. Parents were strictly warned against appearing before the media and speaking about their children.
Copyright © 2019 suryaa.com